Sunday, September 20, 2009

9.20.09: Two months later...I'm back!






Ok, ok,ok...so come to find out, blogging isn't my thing. I believe that this is my 5th post since starting this silly blog back in April. Things here on Rosemary Ave. have been quite exciting and as summer is coming to a close and the leaves are starting to change color, I have decided to do a quick recap.







First off, some personal notes. Jeff and I have decided to stay here on Rosemary Ave. for a little longer than planned. With God's grace, we have amazingly fallen in love with our little bungalow and (*cringe*) just can't see ourselves packing up and moving quite yet. We have done some home imrpovements and yesterday we found the MOST.GORGEOUS.KITCHEN.TABLE. ever at a garage sale! Seriously, this table is right up our design alley and my heart feels warm fuzzies everytime I look at it. The family that we bought it from recently moved to Michigan from England and thankfully brought this table with them. This table is a one of a kind and lucky for us, it just didn't happen to fit in with their new house's design theme. We snatched up this table right away and it's just the type of table that beckons to you, "come eat on me, cut coupons on me, sip on a glass of wine on me, etc..." It's awesome. I'm ready to have a dinner party in honor of this table.




On the food front, we have been continuing our Door to Door Organic shipments and I am loving the produce at the Farmer's Market right now. After a long and successful inaugural season, our garden production is coming to a close and I will miss going outside to pick fresh tomatoes and peppers for the evening's salad. I have cooked some great dishes over the past couple months and of course, had some minor flops!



On a more yummy note, about two months ago, I began baking my own bread! This has saved our house quite a bit of money and there's no better smell than the smell of fresh bread baking in the oven. I also tried cooking eggplant parmesan for the first time and let me tell you, it might just be my favorite recipe ever. Every bite seemed to melt in my mouth. A new and quick favorite of the Morris household has become Taco Night Pasta. This quick, vegetarian (obvi), and healthy dish is extremely easy to put together and is also very easy on the wallet. Email me if you want any recipes!





In this month's Vegetarian Times, I found a recipe for semi-healthy cinnamon doughnuts! (did I just say healthy doughnuts?!?!) By healthy I mean, you can guilt-free enjoy one doughnut with a warm cup of apple cider, but eating the whole batch is definitely out of the question. I intend on buying a doughnut pan (not sure what category that goes under in the budget book) and I am excited to try it out! I'll let you know how it goes....hopefully before Christmas time. ;)




Happy, healthy cooking, everyone! ;)










1 comment:

  1. I've got an extra doughnut pan. Crazy, I know. If you want it, it's yours!

    ReplyDelete