Monday, May 4, 2009

5.4.09: Plymouth Green Fair






Yesterday, Jeff and I went to the Plymouth Green Fair and it was so great! The sun was shining brightly (I over heating in my cardigan) and it was one of the first days that we dared to break out the flip fops.






There were a ton of people there, and we had the chance to learn about a lot of new "green" and sustainable products. There was a building materials section (we spent a good amount of time in this section), food section (the busiest area, but delicious delicious delicious), clothing (I'll talk about that in a second), crafts (I still wish I bought those soy candles!), and a product section (I can't really pinpoint what that area was really focused on, but Boots and Oli really enjoyed their organic/natural petfood).






There were some great clothing vendors there, but I still wish I could find a designer that a.) uses organic cotton b.) has designs that don't make me look like a hippie c.) has designs that don't make me look like I am always going to a yoga class d.) has a print that isn't focused only on branches, trees, plants, grass, you get the picture.... e.) most importantly, don't cost an arm, leg, and half a paycheck.






Although I didn't purchase anything- I was impressed with a few of the designers. I think it's so exciting that people in the area have enough courage and ambition to start a clothing line. You could just see the pride beaming in their eyes...I was so excited for them!






PS- I am cooking a veggie quiche, yukon roasted potatoes, and mushrooms in a white wine sauce tonight. If they turn out delicious (or edible), I will post the recipes!






No comments:

Post a Comment